Thursday, May 24, 2012

Planes, Plays, and Preschoolers on a Rope

My view for the past month

From the end of April to this week, much of my time has been spent traveling, hosting guests, and fun adventures! The end of April/first few days of May, I took a much needed week vacation back home (I hadn't been home since Christmas). I spent a lot of time in these pool chairs giving my skin some desperately needed UV rays.
My slice of Heaven 
I got to see SO many people who I love and miss. Sadly I forgot to take pictures with all of them, but know that you truly warmed my heart!
My Chauncey!


20 years later we're still going strong!

I love my home!
After the resting and relaxing came to an end, I headed back to my other home in the city. I came back to an engaged roommate!! Erica's boyfriend proposed on her birthday, and this meant only one thing for us: A TRIP TO KLEINFELDS. If you don't know what this is, we probably shouldn't be friends. Just kidding (sort of). Kleinfeld's is the dress boutique where TLC's Say Yes to the Dress is filmed. We had a blast, and Erica now has her dream dress in sight! 

They were filming while we were in the store
Also the first week of May, dad came to visit. When he moved me up here in October, he caught wind of the annual 5 Boro Bike Tour, where 32,000 riders come to the city and ride 40 miles through all 5 boroughs. Not only did he fix our air conditioners, but he took us to see Matthew Broderick's new play, Nice Work If You Can Get It. I should also mention it was Cinco De Mayo and Derby Day, so where else would we got but an Irish Pub? (Wait, it's not how normal people celebrate? Oh well!) 



The next couple of weeks, it rained. Literally every day. As I'm writing this, it's raining. I don't understand how it was sunny and hot in March, and the entire month of May has been nothing but rain. The sun has tried to come out a few times, and when it does, we run out to the park! Our part of the park is so stinkin cute. There have been little kid birthday parties consisting of butterfly hunts, lots of puppies, and of course the ice cream man. My favorite time of the afternoon is when the little Pre-K kids go on their walks. They wear bright vests, tied to a rope, and toddle along. They love it.



Time continued to fly by, as it so often does, and it was time to head back down south to watch little brother graduate! To me, he is still 5 years old, but apparently he's going off to college now. My whole family (minus Haley who is interning in Nashville this summer) plus Ellis joined in the festivities. There was no rain in the forecast, but when we pulled up to the (outdoor) stadium for the ceremony, it was a full on torrential downpour with impressive lightening. This turned into us all sitting in our cars for an hour, which made for some pretty hilarious fam time. Finally we went back in the stadium, had a shortened ceremony, grabbed the diploma, and headed to McDonald's to get the new Cherry Berry slushy we had talked about the ENTIRE time we were cooped up in the car. Fast forward to the guy telling us that the slushy machine was broken, and I'm pretty sure we busted his ear drums screaming. Do we sound like hillbillies yet? Either way, it was a blast and brother is now officially off to college. 


 







Whew, I think I'm finally caught up! Lots of exciting things coming soon, so stay tuned!


P.S.-Forgot to mention that we saw Ben Stiller filming his new movie in our neighborhood!

1 comment: