Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye Summer!

I did it again... I went a whole month without blogging (ok, actually more)! I am the WORST. September really crept up on us around here! Sheesh! Let's get started. Soooo the Olympics came. And then they sadly went. I was really lucky, because my company ended up being just as big of an Olympics fan as I am, and they live streamed events for us each day on a big screen. Love.

July went by in a blur because it was my first full month at my new job! I must say, I really do love it. It's wonderful to be able to get up in the morning and not dread going in to work (now, if only someone would move the working day start to noon so I could sleep late... that would be an entirely different level of job loving!). I get to work from home 1 day a week, I have fantastic benefits, the vacation days are awesome, everyone has an incredible work/life balance, and my bosses are genuinely concerned with my growth as an employee. Oh, and I got a pay raise! All great things.

Anywho, boyfriend came to visit the end of July, and as usual, we failed in the picture taking department. We did actually go on a real date though! Big time for us broke folk. We went to Keen's Steakhouse, where the pipes line the ceiling and famous people (legit famous people, presidents and stuff) sign them. We did get one picture though! True to form, I got deathly ill the night he left. I will spare everyone the details, but I ended up in the ER with some tummy related issues. If you're ever in New York and need emergency care, go to Lenox Hill! I was alone from the late hours of the night until the next morning, and they could not have been more attentive and genuinely nice to me. I ended up having to have a colonoscopy done the next week, but we'll get to that later.

In between that week, I got to see Erica perform in her first professional ballroom competition! It was so so so much fun. Her mom came in from Arizona and we had a blast watching Erica perform! On the left is her crazy ballroom hair, and we are on the right showing off her intense pro costume! People came to the event in straight up ball gowns, it was intense. Also, a girl from Dancing with the Stars was a competitor. It was a great night! Sadly, a few days later, Erica decided to move back home to be with her fiance. We miss her dearly, and trying to get her to come back and visit already! All this to say, 3A is on the hunt for a new roommate again! We have some people interested, so stay tuned.

Oh! I also forgot to mention Heather's mom finally got to come visit! She hadn't been able to come out and see our apartment yet, and we had a blast with her too. So the next week, I had a colonoscopy (seriously... don't EVER have one if you don't have to.. the cleanse stuff... I think I died a little bit) and my gracious friend Mallory came to pick me up, along with our precious little baby Joel that we both babysit. It takes a true friend to bring a 1 year old out in the pouring rain to pick up a drugged up friend, and then babysit both baby and 23 year old. (See Facebook for the pictures of Joel cracking up at drugged up me). Thanks Mal!

The next weekend, my mom and aunt came to visit! They have both been talking about going to the US Open since I was about 2, so we were glad to play host and let them live out their dream. We went to the Frick, went shopping, ate, went to the New York Historical Society, did more shopping, and ate some more. I don't think it's been just the 3 of us since I was about 4 years old, and we had so much fun! Mom got stuck here an extra day because of the hurricane at home too, so she got to do lots of fun things while I worked, i.e. my laundry. Thanks mom :).


Oh, and in between all this time, Heather and I did some major redecorating to 3A! The apartment is officially pinterest-ed and ready for fall. So that brings us to today, Labor Day! Josh, Heather's boyfriend, spent this weekend with us, and I will be traveling home next weekend. We never stop around here! I will leave you with some pictures of the end of the summer. Happy Labor Day!

Celebrating Erica for her last week
Exploring the park


One of my Pinterest crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment